With Hanukkah behind us and Christmas nearly a week away, you may still be looking for those last minute gifts
Hot N Cold Glasses
Monja Decanter & Tumbler
Record Bowls and Record Coasters
We have several other home decor accessories as well as throw pillows, the Maharam Memory Game, and gift certificates for either in-store purchases or for our interior design services.
Well be open during our regular hours today through Sunday, December 23rd.
Designed in the mid-1950s by George Nelson, the Nelson Pedestal Stool is the perfect example of elegant versatility.
In the Surrey area, you have plenty of options when it comes to choosing a home. There are many developments, and searching is easier than ever before. The biggest decision you will need to make is the type of home you want. For example, do you want something to raise a family in, or do you simply want a home for yourself? This, admittedly, is not going to be an easy decision, but you can narrow your choices down pretty easily.
First of all, can you find a home near the amenities that you will be needing? What is nearby? Do you need access to a school? Your place of work? Read more…
When a wedding invitation drops through the letterbox, once you have dithered over what on earth you are going to wear, the time will come when you have to choose a wedding gift for the bride and groom. Sometimes the decision is made easy by virtue of the fact the couple ask for donations of cash, but if you need inspiration on what to buy, decorative table lamps are the perfect wedding gift for the couple who already have everything.
Here Comes The Bride!
In days gone by, the wedding list was intended as a way of providing a young couple with everything they needed to set up home together. Read more…
How to reduce our everyday stress and eliminate some routine tasks? You can start by making a list of things you need to do and things that you can hire someone to help you with. Cleaning certainly takes a lot of time, especially household cleaning. Unfortunately, most of us don’t have enough time (desire and equipment) to clean the house properly. And the problem can be solved by hiring experienced London domestic cleaners because they will provide the best possible results on a regular basis.
You can find professional cleaners in your area by searching online. O Read more…
Clean-lined, spa-like and warm. While the descriptors that helped shape this 8-ft. 8-in. x 11-ft. 11-in. master bath in Burlingame, CA, may not seem all that remarkable, its design certainly is. Conceived by interior designer Leslie Lamarre, a principal of TRG Architects, as a private retreat for a dual-career couple, it ticks off all the items on their wish list and, in doing so, impressed the judges with its skilled execution and understated aesthetic. Although the bathroom is modestly sized, its feel is roomy, uncluttered and serene. Open in plan, it is subtly organized from above. A dropped ceiling beam delineates the shower and toilet areas, and a raised ceiling tray, centered on the vanity and a window, imparts a sense of height and expansiveness. Read more…
This past weekend marked the end of Daylight Saving Time and we all moved our clocks back 1 hour (except those of you in Arizona and Hawaii). On top of occasionally messing with the amount of sleep you get, DST is designed to make the most of our sunlight hours during the summer.
So whats one to do when daylight saving time ends in the fall and we head into those shorter days? One solution is to work with the lighting you have in your home!
Lighting design has come a long way and new technologies and materials are being developed everyday. Here are some of the Vastu teams favorite lighting products!
- Kelvin LED F floor lamp This is a favorite of both Vastu co-owner Jason Claire and designer Sarita Peresada: Jason says, “It’s ‘dimmable’, articulates, can light a book or a piece of artwork on a wall (or both). It’s flexible, literally!” Sarita’s reasoning? “Because it’s simple, stylish and functional, not to mention it’s compact and great for tight spaces!”
- Link Pendant Designer Jordan Casale likes the Link Pendant, “I like the link pendant; I see it as art that also acts as a light. It has a big impact without a big price tag.”
- Skygarden Recessed ceiling light New operations manager Jason Barnes had this to say about his favorite, the Skygarden Recessed ceiling light: “One may call me an ‘old queen’, but the Skygarden Recessed ceiling light by Flos is my absolute favorite. This fixture provides a stunning glow with a hidden fleur de lis etched into the dome. By far, the most effortlessly advanced and fantastic lighting I’ve seen in years!”
- Mini Mikado Pendant The Mini Mikado Pendant, with its thin strips of wood veneer, is designer Nadia Powell’s favorite “because it’s the perfect example of functional art!”
- Taccia table lamp The Taccia table lamp is the favorite of Vastu co-owner Eric Kole. “I’ve always loved this lamp, even before we started our partnership with Flos. It’s sexy, somehow looks both classic and brand new, it looks ‘Hollywood’ and glamorous, the light is diffused and flattering and it’s sculptural. This lamp can carry a whole room’s style on its own!”
This jQuery slider was created with the free EasyRotator for WordPress plugin from DWUser.com. OK
My personal favorite is the Solitaire Pendant in the effervescent glass finish.
The shape is simple but thats what draws me to this fixture. Whether you have one or several in a group, the Solitaire Pendant can lean either traditional or contemporary depending on its surroundings.
Here are links to the rest of the Vastu teams favorites:
- Jason Claire Kelvin LED Floor Lamp
- Jordan Casale Link Pendant
- Jason Barnes Skygarden Recessed Ceiling Light
- Nadia Powell Mini Mikado Pendant
- Sarita Peresada Kelvin LED Floor Lamp
- Eric Kole Taccia Table Lamp